Are you currently the subject of a federal investigation by the IRS, FBI, IRS, DEA, INS, or ATF? If so, have you been made aware of any significantly damaging evidence against you? If so, or if you have been presented with a grand jury subpoena, consult with a federal criminal defense lawyer who knows the federal criminal courts in Idaho for advice on what to expect during the legal process and to begin preparing your defense.
As soon as you are sure you will be indicted on federal charges, you should call Sawtooth Defense Lawyers for guidance on what to do when you are officially charged.
Click to jump to section:
Preparing Yourself for a Federal Trial
Building a winning criminal defense against federal charges is very different from a case involving state charges. It requires a criminal defense attorney with deep knowledge of the federal criminal code and the federal court system. It also requires thorough knowledge of legal interpretation in the vast volume of case law and applications that benefit clients. The sooner you begin working with the best federal defense team, the greater your likelihood of having the best possible case developed to present to the court.
We Represent Clients Facing These Federal Charges
Sawtooth federal criminal defense lawyers have a history of defending our clients against charges stemming from complex federal investigations. We have represented clients in a wide range of cases involving charges under the U.S. code, federal criminal charges list such as these and others:
- Insurance Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1007)
- Tax Fraud (26 U.S.C. 7206)
- Mail Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1341)
- Health Care Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347)
- Wire Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1343)
- Intellectual Property Crimes (15 U.S.C. 8101)
- Bank Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1344)
- Obstruction of Justice (18 U.S.C. 1512)
- Embezzlement (18 U.S.C. 641)
- Prohibited Acts A (Distribution of Cocaine, Heroin, Opioids, etc.) (21 U.S.C. 841)
- Pornography Crimes (18 U.S.C. 2427)
- Conspiracy to Make False Statements on Health Care (18 U.S.C. 1035)
- Conspiracy to Commit Health Care Fraud (18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Securities Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1348)
- Making False Statements (18 U.S.C. 1001)
- Counterfeiting (18 U.S.C. 2320)
- Federal Drug Conspiracy (21 U.S.C. 846)
- Prostitution & Trafficking Crimes (18 U.S.C. 2422)
- Computer Crimes (18 U.S.C. 1030)
- Bribery (18 U.S.C. 201)
- Espionage Act (18 U.S.C. 793)
If you want to access a specific case in the federal courts, you can obtain information from the federal charges lookup function on the U.S. Federal Courts website.
If You are Under Federal Investigation
If you are being investigated, you should obtain the best federal crimes defense attorney you can get in Boise, Idaho. It’s essential that you protect your rights, ensure that any illegally acquired evidence against you is not permitted, and have a lawyer working on your behalf who knows the federal court system and how to develop the best possible case for your acquittal.
You must obtain an excellent federal criminal defense attorney before a Grand Jury indictment has been issued. We will negotiate with federal prosecutors. We can often minimize the charges, or possibly get the charges dropped in some cases.
Best Lawyer for Federal Cases in Boise, Idaho
Sawtooth Defense Lawyers is a Boise, Idaho firm with highly skilled federal attorneys. We know what it takes to protect all of your rights fully and your reputation throughout the legal process and provide a winning defense. We can often get federal charges reduced significantly or dropped entirely in some cases.
Sawtooth Defense Lawyers
999 W. Main Street Suite 100, Boise, ID 83702